Friday, February 03, 2006

And it goes on...

Well it lives up to the hype. Since I've been here in Surfer's I've had countless job opportunities, penty of booze and, well, I'll leave that up to your imagination.

Having worked in bars before, I've managed to wrangle myself (somehow) the manager's position in a bar called "Champion's Bar & Grill", which is owned by the guy who runs the hostel I'm staying in. Let's just say it pays more than enough...



On top of that, I've met up with a great friend of mine from Coff's Harbour, a guy called Chris from Reading back in the UK. We had some fun down in Coff's, and it's nice to see the old slaphead again. On top of that I hear my Canadian buddies are coming up in the next couple of days, once they're finished in Byron Bay, with a couple of friend's who have flown in from Canada for the rest of the journey.

Wednesday's and Saturday's are becoming very tough.

I mean, two pubcrawls, each consisting of four bars. Add to that the free drinks tickets the pubcrawl rep's get (that's me and Chris) and you can imagine the magnitude of the work. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it (or so the saying goes). Six hostels are represented, and roughly 100/150 people are out on Wednesday and Saturday, it really is a bit on the wild side.

Kath is coming over from Perth anyday, it'll be wicked to see her. I'll have to behave a little then I guess. Or not, we'll see. I am supposed to be enjoying myself after all...

No comments: