Sunday, November 20, 2005

And Up We Go...

Okay, so I kinda skipped a few places. Well a few thousand kilometres to be exact (they use km over here not miles so sticking with the theme...) and I'm in the northern Australian haven that is Darwin.

Calling this place out of this world would be an understatement to be honest. It's as vivid as it is brilliant. A art-noir culture embedded with deep art-decor shades of illucidity. Blah! Wow.

Thought I better come here before summer really sets in; during the months on December to March you can't bath anywhere in the Northern Territory because of jelly fish and shark infestations. During the milder months though this place is brilliant.

The place is scene as a bit of a fashion city, and more and more business is coming here every year. You can see it's growing. The great thing is though, the lack of tourists; and I mean that with no condescending tones. You can just chill out, take a look around, without having to look like you're out of place.



Motorcar Falls (above) is a sensational way to spend an afternoon, and I won't even begin to go on about the beaches. It's kinda way out there. I can't really label the place. It's just, different.

Not working here at the moment which is a nice break too be honest, been chilling out a lot. Feel like I could stay here a while; although the weather is getting hotter each week. Average temp of 36 degree C a day at the moment, which isn't that hot I've been told.

Got a feeling I'm gonna have to head south soon...

No comments: